Working with volunteers
- Volunteers cannot replace paid staff, but they can ease the workload and possibly enhance the services provided.
- Volunteers can give dedicated attention to specific groups, issues or projects.
- Volunteers come from all walks of life, and can share fresh perspectives and their experiences with your staff and clients.
- Involving volunteers from a variety of backgrounds means creating new ambassadors for your work.
- Volunteers bring their expertise, knowledge and talents, but also their social networks!
- Volunteers that choose to work with you directly believe in your mission, take ownership and can advocate later on your behalf.